Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Another Week

So, I know it was General Conference for all of you guys this weekend, but not for me. I think I will watch it next week... but I don't know for sure. So, nothing to write about that.

This week was my last week of teaching kindergarten, as I will start teaching back at the church again this week!!! woohoo! I loved the kids because they were so incredibly adorable, but they are definitely a handful and it's pretty stressful stuff. Props to all those kindergarten ESL teachers out there!!!! Y'all rock!

We had zone conference this week and that went really well! We focused on the importance of the Book of Mormon in our lives as well in helping us fulfill our purpose as missionaries and in converting or investigators. We also focused on teaching people not lessons and teaching the restoration with power (which I taught to everyone... it went really well actually, which made me very happy!) 

One of the coolest things from zone conference was the talk our Mission Presidents' wife gave about the Book of Mormon  She also served in Mongolia many years ago, and she talked about her mission experience with the Book of Mormon.... well, she didn't have one in Mongolian  When she served in Mongolia, they only had a few sections of the Book of Mormon translated into Mongolian- Lehi's dream, 2 Nephi 31, 3 Nephi 11, and Moroni's promise. crazy, right? She shared and read those pieces an uncountable amount of times on her mission!!! She would read those pieces with her investigators and ask them to gain a  testimony of the Book of Mormon merely from those pieces. It was hard, but people did it. Then a few years later, when my president and his wife were teachers at the MTC, Sis Benson had a very cool experience. She was teaching an ESL class that had 3 Mongolian missionaries in it the day the translated Mongolian Book of Mormon first came out, and she was there when they first opened their own copies in their language of this book. She said she will never forget the moment they opened those books and began to read. They truly viewed this book as a huge  precious blessing from God. They treated their copies like treasure. She asked herself in that moment, "Do I take the Book of Mormon for granted?" That's a question we should all ask ourselves? If so, change that. 

Read and treasure the words in this precious gift from God every day of your life! Never ignore it, throw it away, and reject that it is God's word. I know of a surety that the Book of Mormon is true, that is is the most correct of any book, and that by reading it we truly can come to know God and His son, Jesus Christ. I love this Book and I never want to take it for granted the rest of my life, but rather feast upon it's words every day that I live.

That's all for this week, but I want to let you all know how much I really love you, and how grateful I am to be serving a full-time mission in Mongolia and teaching and serving these amazingly humble people! 

Burning a shirt to mark my one year mark.




No comments:

Post a Comment