Well, this is it. My final email. It finally hit me yesterday that this is real as I sat in my last sacrament meeting in Mongolian. At the end of the meeting, I was asked to bare my testimony and as I did, I was filled with overwhelming love for this work, these people, and this amazing country. Looking out at so many people I had come to love so much and thinking of the others really hit me. I am so lucky. I've been so incredibly lucky to serve a mission, be called to Mongolia, serve among these people, and learn from them. This experience has changed me in ways I can't even begin to explain. I love Mongolia with all of my heart. I love the Lord and the gospel with all my heart and I know this is the best choice I ever could have made.
For today's email I thought I would include a couple lists I made this week:
Top 5 things I've learned from my mission:
1) The Book of Mormon is true!
2) How to listen to people, recognize and respond to the spirit, and then to help!
3) The importance of member missionary work!
4) Christ's atonement truly heals each and every one of us in any way needed!
5) How to love everyone!!!
Top 10 things I won't miss
1. The pollution
2. The traffic
3. The freezing cole winter
4. Drunk men hitting on me, the poor foreigner
5. People speaking to me in Russian (do I really look Russian?)
6. Constant stomach sickness
8. Jam packed buses
10. Evil dogs
Top 10 things I will miss
1. The people
2. The sky
3. The peaceful, beautiful countryside
4. Being a missionary
5. Speaking Mongolian all the time
6. Really funny taxi drivers
7. My English students
8. Super cute emmes (grammas)
9. Tsuivan and fifty-fifty ice cream
10. Kind delguur/zah/building ladies
Well, I guess thats about it. I love this place and I dont want to leave, but soon I will. I will miss all those I met. Family, see you soon!
|2 hr drive to see this magnificent statue|
of Chengis Khan
|The sweet family that drove us on this day trip.|
|Authentic Mongolian hats ... too $$ for me. :)|