Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Well everyone, this is a time of mourning... this week I "kill" my second mother. (Kill means I am the companion with her when she finishes her mission, and I am still being trained, so she is my second mission ‘mom’). It's so weird to think that in 2 days, I will have a new comp... and who knows, maybe a new area...stay tuned next week to find out!

Last Monday, we went to the Buddha in Erdenet, so that was pretty cool! Wednesday we traveled to Daarxhan for splits with the sisters there and then a zone conference. My comp for splits spoke zero English, so I was a little nervous, but I prayed so sincerely that I would have the gift of tongues and the gift of the interpretation of tongues that day... and wow, it was amazing!! I was able to understand everyone and speak clearly with everyone. I taught some of the best lessons I have taught on my mission! Heavenly Father truly answers prayers and helps those who ask and have a sincere and righteous desire. 

Friday we all traveled to Selenke (its right next to Russia) for the zone conference. It was boiling hot, but it was so fun! We built towers from logs and rope, engineered parachutes and containers for eggs out of tape and paper then dropped them from our tower... may I say mine had to be dropped 3 times before it would break :) We also had some awesome lessons and I learned so much! Oh, and I started throwing around a football with some of the Elders and they were all instantly amazed by my arm. They were in shock and then they started to actually get into it, it was so fun! (One of the senior couple elders played football at BYU, and he told me I have the best arm of anyone he’s seen and I was better than the elders!!!) Anyways, at the end of the conference we drove to this place, where we climbed the hill and took pictures with the most amazing views. From that place we could see Russia!!! So I can officially say I have seen China (from the airport), Mongolia, and Russia (from the hill) on my mission. Pretty cool, right?!

As for everything else, not much is new. We have been visiting everyone my comp needed to say goodbye to before she left, so that’s been pretty fun and sad at the same time. We have some amazing investigators who are really progressing and I can't wait to see where it goes. I love Erdenet! I love Mongolia! I love missionary work! I love this Gospel! Bi minnie jeejeekin mongolthchode hiartay!!!! (spelling Mongolian in English is so hard!!!)   
Hands holding a gear

Travelling in a meeker

Chengis Khan inscribed on the mountain

Zone conference fun

One of many wonderful investigators!

No comments:

Post a Comment