Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

One Week Down, So Many to Go!

I've officially been in Mongolia longer than a week.  Life as a missionary in Mongolia is definitely hard but so worth it! I love this place and the people! I don't have much time, so I'll have to make it shorter today... and I don’t have my camera on me because we went to the black market this morning, so no pics this week.

So, we constantly get burned by our investigators and less active members (they cancel last minute), which is frustrating: partly because it messes up our plans but mostly because we want these people to learn and feel the Holy Spirit so badly! We have gotten to meet with some awesome families in the ward though, man are they great! The people are so wonderful and while they have nothing they give so much. It is truly humbling. One lady even made me awesome scripture covers... she’s amazing!

Other notes:
They drink this stuff that’s boiled milk, water, and salt. Most of the time I like it, but we did have one that was cooked with bones and it had a straight layer of oil on top of it, that was hard to drink. We have also had some sketchy meat and other things, but I just push through and try and swallow fast... I'm honestly not a fan of the food yet, but I'm trying to like it.

Buses are NUTS! We ride them every day- crowded and loud and it is so hard to keep from falling with the crazy driving! I don't know how these people don’t get in more car crashes! We were in one part of our area at the far end, actually the end of the bus line. At the end of the bus line are a bunch of pubs, and there are always drunk people. Well, one day on our way back to the bus, there was this crazy drunk guy who saw us, yelled "white" in Mongolian, made kissing noises and signals, and started chasing us... yep chasing us! And boy was he fast for a drunk guy. He chased us around that area, and we jumped on the bus. Well, we weren’t thinking and we sat in the back (where we were cornered), he got on after us and was coming at us when the bus driver ran back, kicked him off the bus, and yelled at him. He tried to get back on a few times, but each time the driver saved us (I don't know that bus driver, but thank goodness he protected us). The drunk guy also tried to stand in front of the bus to stop it, but the driver just honked and kept going, haha.

I went on splits on Thursday with a Mongolian sister who lives in our apt. We both started our missions at the same time, but she has a leg up on me with the language and knowing the area, haha. We worked in her area and surprise... I almost got eaten by a dog again- I think dogs just hate me here, everyone else seems to be fine.

Well, that’s all I have time to write. I miss you all and hope all is well! Keep in touch! I am praying for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment