Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane... 16 Months & I'll Be Back Again!

I don’t have a ton of time to email today because we are packing and getting ready to leave, but here are the quick updates:

We finished our English teaching certification!! We went to the BYU ELC and observed and taught classes. It was such an amazing experience! I loved the people and it was so cool to see how much learning English was helping these people. They truly had a desire to learn English, and it made teaching all the better. We had the chance to interview some of the students in the hallways: one student told me that she is an industrial engineer and she was learning English so she could have more and better opportunities in her field (and she wants to get an MBA too), another student told me that he was learning English because he loves web design but all the coding is in English, and a third student told me, she hates the barriers that are created from not knowing English. I had never thought about it this way before... I am breaking down barriers for these people: with jobs, social groups, entertainment, and so much more! How amazing is that?! I am so lucky to be teaching English as a part of my mission!  

Two of the sisters in our group have been reassigned to the California Irvine mission while they wait for visas. It’s a little sad that they won’t be coming with us right away, but we will see them soon I’m sure.

That's about all. Love you all and hope you are all doing well! Just want to leave you with a scripture. It's really great and I love it so much! Mosiah 24:14-16 -read it. This scripture is one of God's promises to us, that when we have burdens, trials or struggles, the Lord can help ease them and carry them. If we pray sincerely and with faith, and ask for the strength needed, the Lord will help us. We need to have faith and trust in the Lord's timing to receive these promised blessings.

Talk to you next week from Mongolia!!!!

Our Mongolian group
Climbing the walls (sort of), a request from my brother Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment