Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Friday, May 15, 2015

ESL Training

We have been learning some pretty difficult Mongolian grammar this week like adjective clauses and verb connectors and so on. It's hard, but it's so cool when I kinda get it! I love this language! I don't know how to describe it, but there is something so powerful about the language, and I feel the spirit so strongly while teaching or praying in this language. I've thought about that a lot, and I think it all comes back to the thought that the Lord calls you to serve in the place you will touch lives, and the Lord calls you to serve in the language that you will preach the most strongly. Now, I definitely have a very simple grasp on the language, but it seems to be enough. Often simple is the best way to teach anyways. The foundation of the gospel is what people need to learn, and the foundation while most important is the most simple. Anyways, I love Mongolian!!!

Monday was awesome.. first of all, my teacher and I matched, so of course we had to take pictures.

We had two gym times (gym, lunch, and gym again), our schedule had given us two because we wouldn't get gym once we started ELC training... so 2 1/2 hours of volleyball it is! It was so fun!

Wednesday we had our four hour intro to ELC training. It basically reviewed what we had learned in the online training and prepped us for the classroom stuff.  Yesterday, we took a field trip to the BYU ELC center for the chunk of our training (we'll be doing that every morning next week). It was so awesome! We observed different classes as companionships. Sister Westover and I got to
observe a foundations prep class which is the lowest level there. I loved them so much! Those students were so enthusiastic and excited about English. They picked up on things fast and were just so fun to be around. I was very impressed at how much they already knew since they had just started this week. I could tell that they really wanted this and that English truly will change their lives. I can't wait to teach English in Mongolia! Oh, and we get to teach that class on Monday!!! It's going to be so fun!

I know this church is true and the Book of Mormon is the truest of any book on the earth. I have come to a real testimony of prayer while here. Prayer is so important. It is both a commandment and a gift from God, and I know that if we pray with sincerity, he will bless us and help us and answer us. I invite all of you to pray to God sincerely with questions and gratitude.

Love you all! Keep me updated on your life!
Heading out on our ESL field trip.

We've got our travel plans!!!!

My awesome international branch!

Some of our favorite elders.

Getting ready to call home on Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment