Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Guess Where I Am

Hey everyone! You are currently being emailed from a town called Khovd in a far far corner of Mongolia next to Kazikstan. This area is the farthest mission area from its mission home in the world. Yep... that's real!!! I am currently here doing an STL split with my zone sisters who are serving here. This place is awesome and I want to serve here too, haha. 

Tuesday I did a split with some zone sisters, and I worked with Sister Jenson (by the way her gramma is from Roseburg and she knows the Vawdreys - its a small world after all). She is from the latest group to come to Mognolia and is rockin the language and doing a great job! We met with some amazing people! 

Wednesday, my comp got a package from her family with 3 huge bottles of lotion from America and she gave me one!!! I was so incredibly happy! Thursday, we met with a new potential investigator who lived in America for a while to study, so we taught him in ENGLISH!! So weird! I was stumbling over my words... it was a real struggle. Sometimes, I think I'm forgetting English... yanaa!

Friday at 4:30am Sister Bayartsetseg and I left for the airport and flew across Mongolia to Khovd. The flight was awesome! I got to see so much of the beautiful Mongolian landscape from above. The 2 sisters in Khovd are Sisters Solongo and Bolor-erdene, both of whom were my companions before. It is so great to be here working with them again. And let me just say I am in love with this town!!! These people are the kindest people ever and the work is progressing so amazingly here!

Saturday, was a holiday here in Khovd. The entire town dressed up in traditional Mongolian clothes and drove 30 km outside of town to a frozen lake where they had their snow holiday! Because literally everyone goes to it, we were given permission to attend as well with a few leaders and the seminary kids from here. Everything was freezing and covered in snow. There were ice sculptures and ice slides, and skating races and tug of war competitions, and dancing competitions, and so much more! It was awesome, but I was definitely freezing! 

Sunday we attended the branch here and the most amazing thing about this branch is that almost everyone are members with their families and the youth have almost all joined because of this one kid here.... so amazing!!! Tomorrow afternoon I will fly back to UB... I'll have to say goodbye to this amazing town :( But this was such an amazing experience! 

That's about all. These people are really a wonderful example to me of humility, charity, generosity, and kindness. These people are so amazing and are changing my life maybe more than I am changing theirs. I know this gospel is true and that God loves each of us no matter where we live or what language we speak. I love you all and am praying for you all! I'm so sorry mom.... no pictures this week.... this computer is ghetto and I have no where to plug them in.... next week I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment