Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Country Girl in the Big City

Making uuz for the holidays
So, this week was transfers, and here's how it went... First of all, I kept praying and praying that I would stay in Erdenet for this transfer so I could spend the holiday with these people who are like my family, but I also wanted an American comp to try my language skills...

Wednesday night we were supposed to hear about the transfers, but instead got a text that said it's not ready yet and we would hear Thursday morning... ugh- torture!!! But, I guess you can't rush the Lord. Thursday morning we got ready did studies, visited one of our new members who made us food and gave us gifts in case we leave. She gave me a pearl beaded headband that they traditional wear that she made herself.. shes a talented 13 yr old. Then we went home to wait for the transfer because we would need to hear if I go or not and then leave for UB so my comp could finish her mini mission. So we waited, and waited, and waited... until 4:30pm on Thursday. I was then told that I would be transferred to Ulaanbaatar and be serving in the Enktaivan ward (yes I am in a ward now, which is really exciting). My companion would be Sister Tao who is Cambodian but has been living in the US since she was 12. She's from the group after me. I would also become the STL in the west stake in UB. AND I had 90 minutes to pack and get to the train to leave for UB... WHAT?! So I frantically packed everything up and did not get to say goodbye to anyone.  I was crying a lot....
My new comp

Then we left on the train and got to the city Friday morning, then drove to my new apt, and carried my luggage up 6 flights of stairs... morning workout, haha. Then I helped Sister Hartley from my group ,who I was basically switching places with, pack for Erdenet. We then went to the mission home so I could get mail, and switch phones, and random other things... and then the president called me in to speak with him, ANOTHER SURPRISE!!! I will be teaching at a kindergarten here in UB until they finish for the summer!!!! What?! I know, I was so surprised because with the church visa I never thought that would happen and that I would just teach at churches my whole mission. but nope!

Saturday, we started meeting with people, Sunday we went to church and choir and met with more people.... and well, I'm happy and sad to be here. I already feel like this is where I need to be and I love this ward already!!! But, I definitely miss Erdenet already :( Now I am back to wearing masks cuz of the thick pollution, freezing cuz it's super cold!, crowded bus rides and not knowing wear in the world I am... But I'm glad to be here and excited to build up the work where I am... we have almost no investigators so we are going to work with members and getting referrals from them.

Also, we already had something awesome happen!! Saturday. we were at the church, and an RM gave us a referral of a 17 yr old boy who had came to the church on his own... then I called him but it was not working, well he then came to church on Sunday!!! He sat through all 3 hours and understood a ton! He talked with me for a long time after saying that he understood what prophets and priesthood was, but what was a missionary? So I then explained a ton to him. He a such a cool kid! He goes to a sport school, competes in judo, and he likes to keep a journal of his own characteristics and then pick out some and improve those characteristics... and he's only 17, what?! The Lord is already moving forward his work here for us... so cool!

That's about all right now. I love you all and want you all to know that this gospel and this church are TRUE. If you aren't a member of the church, please take a chance and listen for yourself. Come to the church. Listen to the missionaries and then make the decision for yourself if it is true. But I can promise you with a strong knowledge and testimony that this is God's true church, and through this gospel you can be happy and receive all the eternal blessings God is waiting to give you. Please please please just listen to the missionaries!!!


Mongolian children are adorable!


No comments:

Post a Comment